"A bit about me..."

I am a wife and mother of two children. I began my teaching career as a substitute teacher in the primary grade level schools in Mobile, AL. I am excited about increasing my status to become an elementary education teacher. I enjoy helping students learn to their full potential.

Thursday, October 23, 2008

Art for the Kindergarten Classroom

Students in the kindergarten classrooms need something to hold their attention while learning. Art can be used to do this. These early learners can use art to show what they learned from any lesson as a form of exhibiting comprehension skills.

Teachers should use art as a part of their curriculum while teaching and learning is taking place. Art should not be used as something to keep the students busy. Students enjoy the opportunity to communicate through art and should be given the chance to do so in various subjects.

No comments: