"A bit about me..."

I am a wife and mother of two children. I began my teaching career as a substitute teacher in the primary grade level schools in Mobile, AL. I am excited about increasing my status to become an elementary education teacher. I enjoy helping students learn to their full potential.

Thursday, October 23, 2008

Blogs as Teaching Tools

Blogs can be used for many, many reasons. Teachers use their classroom blog pages mostly as teaching tools. Teachers can use their class blog page to remind their students about an important concept they went over in class. They can also post helpful reviews that can be used before taking a quiz. Teachers also post educational website links that are useful to the students. This is a great way to keep your students learning while they are away from the classroom instead of just assigning written homework.

Teachers can receive comments from their students and others who have concerns about education. Parents can communicate with the teacher as well with questions about educational functions and also volunteering to help in the classroom or at the school in general.

No comments: