"A bit about me..."

I am a wife and mother of two children. I began my teaching career as a substitute teacher in the primary grade level schools in Mobile, AL. I am excited about increasing my status to become an elementary education teacher. I enjoy helping students learn to their full potential.

Thursday, October 23, 2008

Math in the Elementary Classroom

Math in elementary school is challenging to some students but rewarding to others. Many students can grasp math concepts and use them with no problems which is rewarding to them. There are some students who need more time to understand how these concepts work. These students who do not understand these concepts can view certain math problems or math in general as being challenging.

The students who feel this challenge may need to be taught by using another teaching method than was used when the other students grasped the understanding of the concept. Some good ways for further teaching is by using the kinesthetic approach or by having students work in cooperative groups.

No comments: